Lil' Smiles - David M. Toppi D.M.D.
San Diego Pediatric Dentist
Greetings parents and patients!
Our office is fully re-opened, and we look forward to providing routine dental care for our patients. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to you and your child’s safety when coming in to see us.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when your child receives care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
We have made some changes to help protect our patients, parents, and staff. Here are some of our new guidelines:
1. Our office will contact you by phone or through email beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
2. When you arrive at the office for your appointment, please stay in your vehicle and text us. We will let you know when to proceed into the office, at which time we will welcome you and your child and have you both use hand sanitizer. In addition, we will take you and your child’s temperature with our “No-Contact Digital Thermometer”. We are requiring everyone over age 2 to wear face coverings or masks while in the office (please bring your own, as they are not provided). We will then bring you back to the treatment area for your child’s visit.
3. You will notice that our waiting room will not have video games or the beverage station operational at this time, to limit common contact areas. We will be reducing the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
4. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That may mean fewer options for scheduling your appointment, but we will do our best to accommodate.
* Once again, please bring face covering or masks with you for you and your child’s appointment*
~Dr. Toppi and staff at Lil’ Smiles Pediatric Dentistry
At Lil’ Smiles, our compassionate pediatric dentist provides gentle care for children starting at the age of one year old. The welcoming underwater themed décor at our office creates an environment that makes it fun for your child to receive dental care.
Our practice serves Mission Valley and all of San Diego with quality pediatric dentistry.
Dr. Toppi is committed to approaching each child with respect and personalizes his treatments to meet your child's unique dental needs. Also, the engaging attitude of our friendly and caring pediatric dental team helps kids become comfortable and relaxed
during their visits.
Our “Under the Sea” theme, playhouse, and touch-screen video games keep your child entertained before their visit and our in-ceiling TVs that play kids programming and movies continue to entertain during exams and treatments.
At our fun and inviting underwater themed practice, your child’s visits will be memorable!
Our Pediatric Dental Services
Our Amalgam-Free San Diego practice offers a wide range of treatments including the following:
Our fluoride treatments protect young teeth and build the foundation for future healthy teeth to emerge. Very young children (ages 1-2) remain comfortably on their parent’s lap during their visits. These lap to lap appointments help you and your
child build a relationship with Dr. Toppi. He can quickly examine your child’s teeth and gums, demonstrate proper infant brushing techniques and apply a fluoride varnish.
When attending to your child’s dental needs, we understand the importance of a productive appointment. For complex procedures or anxious patients, we present relaxation options including 1-visit I.V. sedation.
Preventing Issues and Establishing Positive Dental Habits
By evaluating your baby’s teeth early, Dr. Toppi can determine if orthodontic care will be required and recommend further services at the appropriate time. Any issues with thumb sucking or other oral habits can be addressed, reducing possible complications.
A thorough exam allows us to locate the first signs of decay and treat it proactively.
Call San Diego's Family Friendly Dentist
We'll Make Your Child Smile
Dr. Toppi specializes in treating kids and their oral health concerns. He takes his role as your child’s first dentist seriously, knowing that he has a big part in helping them understand the value of their smile and the vital function it provides.
When you visit our office, your child's positive experience is our top priority. Our entire team is dedicated to providing your child with the personalized, gentle care that they deserve.
Contact Us or Request an Appointment
Dr. Toppi’s warm personality, gentle approach (and our fun rewards) makes kids want to come back to the dentist!
We Are A United Concordia Tricare Dental Practice Proudly Serving Military Families in San Diego
Part of our commitment to serving our patients includes providing parents with the information that helps them to make more informed decisions about their child's oral health needs.
We offer a variety of treatment options for your child, including tooth-colored fluoride releasing fillings, crowns, and sedation if necessary. In addition, our office has been custom designed by Dr. Toppi and staff with an underwater theme!
It is sure to put your child at ease from the moment you arrive...begin your experience with a SMILE!
Please browse through our website and be sure to give us a call if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment.